How to install a floating license server?
Modified on: Thu, 26 Mar, 2020 at 5:06 PM
How to build a floating license server on Windows PC using Flexera Software's LMTOOLS program.
- Contents -
2. Install LMTOOLS
3. Copy license file
4. Run LMTOOLS
5. Register service
6. Register license PATH
7. Start / stop service
8. Check the service status
9. Firewall Settings
- Window PC to be used as floating license server
- License file (* .lic)
- To apply for a license, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
- LMTOOLS program
- Link: CodeScroll_flexlm_v11.zip
- Install LMTOOLS
- Unzip the downloaded CodeScroll_flexlm_v11.zip.
- Copy License File
- Copy the license file to the same path as the extracted lmtools.exe.
- Run LMTOOLS
- Run lmtools.exe created in the extracted path.
- Register service
- Run lmtools.exe and select the [Config Services] tab.
- Enter each entry as in the example below.
- Service Name : CodeScroll
- Path to the lmgrd.exe file : C:\Suresoft\CodeScroll_flexlm_v11\lmgrd.exe
- Path to the license file : C:\Suresoft\CodeScroll_flexlm_v11\sstcs_license.lic
- Path to the debug log file : C:\Suresoft\CodeScroll_flexlm_v11\license.log
- Check the "Start Server at Power Up" and "Use Services" options to start the service automatically when the PC boots by registering to the Windows service.
- Click the [Save Service] button to save the entered service.
- Register license PATH
- You need to register the license PATH for smooth license recognition.
- On the [Utilities] tab, enter the Vendor Name and Path, then click [Add Vendor Path]. If the default port is 27000 port, please contact email@example.com.
- Vendor Name : sstcs
- Path : 27000@<IP Address>
- Click the [List All Vendor Paths] button to confirm that the entered Vendor Name and Path are properly registered.
- Start / Stop service
- Registered CodeScroll service can be started / stopped in the "Start/Stop/Reread" tab.
- To start the service, click the [Start Server] button below.
- To stop the service, click the [Stop Server] button below.
- Check the service status
- You can check the service status by clicking the [Perform Status Inquiry] button on the [Server Status] tab.
- Firewall Settings
- For smooth network communication, the lmgrd.exe and sstcs.exe programs and 27000 ~ 27001 port numbers should be exceptions to the firewall.
- How to add inbound rules in the Windows default firewall.
- Click the Widnows - Start button, type "Firewall" and then select "Check Firewall Status" from the list to launch the "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security" window.
- Click the [New Rule] button in [Inbound Rules]. Select [Program] and click the [Next] button.
- Enter the path to lmgrd.exe and click the [Next] button.
- Select [Allow the connection] and click the [Next] button.
- Select Domain, Private, and Public, and click the [Next] button.
- Enter a name and click the [Finish] button.
- Using the above method, sstcs.exe adds the same rules.
- Using the above method, add the same rule for ports 27000-27001.
- When adding a port, select [Port] on the screen below, then
- Enter 27000-27001 in a specific local port.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.