How to build a floating license server on Windows PC using Flexera Software's LMTOOLS program.
- Contents -
2. Install LMTOOLS
3. Copy license file
4. Run LMTOOLS
5. Register service
6. Register license PATH
7. Start / stop service
8. Check the service status
9. Firewall Settings
- Window PC to be used as floating license server
- License file (* .lic)
- To apply for a license, please apply to email@example.com
- LMTOOLS program
- Install LMTOOLS
- Unzip the downloaded CodeScroll_flexlm_v11.zip.
- Copy License File
- Copy the license file to the same path as the extracted lmtools.exe.
- Run LMTOOLS
- Run lmtools.exe created in the extracted path.
- Register service
- Run lmtools.exe and select the [Config Services] tab.
- Enter each entry as in the example below.
- Service Name : CodeScroll
- Path to the lmgrd.exe file : C:\Suresoft\CodeScroll_flexlm_v11\lmgrd.exe
- Path to the license file : C:\Suresoft\CodeScroll_flexlm_v11\sstcs_license.lic
- Path to the debug log file : C:\Suresoft\CodeScroll_flexlm_v11\license.log
- Check the "Start Server at Power Up" and "Use Services" options to start the service automatically when the PC boots by registering to the Windows service.
- Click the [Save Service] button to save the entered service.
- Register license PATH
- You need to register the license PATH for smooth license recognition.
- On the [Utilities] tab, enter the Vendor Name and Path, then click [Add Vendor Path]. If the default port is 27000 port, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vendor Name : sstcs
- Path : 27000@<IP Address>
- Click the [List All Vendor Paths] button to confirm that the entered Vendor Name and Path are properly registered.
- Start / Stop service
- Registered CodeScroll service can be started / stopped in the "Start/Stop/Reread" tab.
- To start the service, click the [Start Server] button below.
- To stop the service, click the [Stop Server] button below.
- Check the service status
- You can check the service status by clicking the [Perform Status Inquiry] button on the [Server Status] tab.
- Firewall Settings
- For smooth network communication, the lmgrd.exe and sstcs.exe programs and 27000 ~ 27001 port numbers should be exceptions to the firewall.
- How to add inbound rules in the Windows default firewall.
- Click the Widnows - Start button, type "Firewall" and then select "Check Firewall Status" from the list to launch the "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security" window.
- Click the [New Rule] button in [Inbound Rules]. Select [Program] and click the [Next] button.
- Enter the path to lmgrd.exe and click the [Next] button.
- Select [Allow the connection] and click the [Next] button.
- Select Domain, Private, and Public, and click the [Next] button.
- Enter a name and click the [Finish] button.
- Using the above method, sstcs.exe adds the same rules.
- Using the above method, add the same rule for ports 27000-27001.
- When adding a port, select [Port] on the screen below, then
- Enter 27000-27001 in a specific local port.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article